Dear Parents /Guardians,
As you know the country has moved to Level 5 restrictions with schools remaining open. We are very aware of the level of transmission of Covid 19 within the community. While we are glad to remain open, we need to be extremely vigilant.
Therefore, to keep us all as safe as possible, please adhere to the following;
1. Do not start lining up before 9.10am. The gates will not be open before this time. We are asking you to drop and go SWIFTLY following our one way system.
2. Wear a face covering when you are dropping and collecting children.
3. No parents/guardians beyond the school gate at drop off or collection times.
4. Children should not be congregating in large bunches at the gates. Keep at least 1metre distance between families at the gates.
5. Collection time; If you are early and are driving please remain in your car.
6.Please be reminded that school uniforms are to be interchanged each day.
PE tracksuits Monday Wednesday and Friday and full school uniform to be worn Tuesday and Thursday.
7. With regard to our Halloween party day on Friday, if your child has a prop they can bring it on the Halloween walk but it must go into their school bag afterwards. No masks to be worn as children will be touching and taking them on and off. We want to avoid spreading of the virus. Face paint is an option. I hope this clears up any confusion.
This is in the best interest of keeping everyone safe.
We've done very well so far but cannot afford to get complacent now.
Thank you for your cooperation and support throughout our first term back.
Well done to your children for adapting and getting used to and following the new rules and procedures.
During the week of the 12th - 16th October the pupils were busy playing fun maths games. Students also participated in a Maths trail on Friday around the school grounds. Maths week was a great success!
Thank you for supporting Pieta House. The children had a wonderful day participating in mindfulness activities.
We have rescheduled our Amber Day to Wednesday October 7th 2020. We are asking all pupils to dress in orange for the day and to bring in two euro for Pieta House. Due to Covid restrictions, we have had to scale back our plans for our Amber Day. Each class will have a yoga lesson and participate in mindfulness activities in their class group.
In Scoil Bhríde we are proud to be an Amber Flag school as now more than ever we are valuing the importance of positive mental health and wellness and continue to promote the amber flag motto throughout our school community.